Department of Home Affairs Internship 2016
Are you an unemployed graduate in possession of an NQF level 7 or NQF level 5, between the ages of 18 and 35, known for being the hard worker, motivated and disciplined?
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Work Exposure Learning Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work.
The Department is offering a stipend of R3 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 5 qualification and R5 000 to those in possession of an NQF level 7 qualification. Upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service. The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
Female candidates and people with disabilities will be given preference
Finance (200 Posts)
- Head Office (Hallmark) (40 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1)
- Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1a)
- Free State (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1b)
- Gauteng (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1c)
- KwaZulu-Natal (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1d)
- Limpopo (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1e)
- Mpumalanga (15 Posts)(Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1f)
- Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1g)
- North West (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1h)
- Western Cape (14 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 1i)
● A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Finance / Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification with Financial Accounting ● Basic computer literacy ● Hard worker, motivated and disciplined ● A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
Duties: ● Carry boxes off shelves and move boxes to other offices ● Asset physical verification ● Account reconciliation ● Prepare and post journal entries ● Clear bank exceptions.
Records Management (65 Posts)
• Brits Records Storage (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 2a)
• Head Office (Hallmark) and Hyvries Records Storage (35 Posts) (Ref. HRMC80 / 15 / 2b)
● A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Library and Information Science / Information Studies / Archival Studies / Public Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification ● Basic computer literacy.
Duties: ● Process transferred records ● Arrange records collection ● Provide archives services to the Business Units ● Assist in process of records disposal programme ● Conduct records collection audit ● Regress and label damaged boxes ● Execute general duties upon request ● Create and capture files including bundles ● Retrieve files per request ● File incoming files ● Handle the transfer of records ● Handle the incoming and outgoing mail.
Civic Services (95 Posts)
• Brits Archive Facility (Brits Town) (45 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 3a)
• Rosslyn / BVR (50 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 3b)
● A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Office Administration / Archives and Records Management or an equivalent NQF level 7 or a Grade 12 qualification with post-Matric qualification in Office Administration / Archives and Records Management.
Duties: ● Retrieve and draw records ● Scan and fi le drawn records ● Deal with telephonic enquiries from back offices and other stakeholders regarding feedback and status of document requested ● Perform any other administrative functions in support of the Directorate ● Exercise effective batch control to ensure effective and accurate preparation for scanning.
Legal Services: Litigation (10 Posts)
• Head Office (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 4)
● An LLB Degree or a 4-year recognised qualification in the related field ● Litigation experience / background ● Knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa ● Conceptual and analytical thinking ● Numeracy and legal writing skills ● Written and verbal communication skills ● Interpersonal and policy interpretation skills ● Planning, organising, diplomacy and time management skills ● Honesty and integrity ● Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Duties: ● Ensure a legal support service in general litigation matters ● Inform the Department on Court Orders and monitor the implementation thereof ● Advise the Department on trends that could lead to litigation against the Department.
Emmigration Services (30 Posts)
● Head Office (Ref. HRMC 80 / 15 / 5)
● A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Administration or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or any post-Matric qualification ● Willingness to work industry offices and long hours.
Duties: ● Be responsible for fi ling and scanning of files ● Record cases on the database ● Move boxes between offices ● Perform general admin duties.
How to Apply
NB: ● Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based ● The roles will require some physical duties, ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offices, spending long hours standing, may be requested to work extra hours without remuneration ● A valid driver’s licence will be preferred. Please note: ● Applications will only be considered from South African citizens ● Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered ● Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Pu blic Service Department or Government website, and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification Document ● Application form (Z83) should be signed and dated OR the application will not be considered ● Should any applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA * As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks:
* Credit clearance * Criminal check * Qualification verification * Reference check (verbal).
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID together with a completed Z83 application form, to the Department of Home Affairs, Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001 or 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0001. Enquiries: Ms F Kwape, tel. (012) 406-4258
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.