Department of Rural Development and Land Reform: Learnerships Programme
Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) invites applicants for the National Rural Youth Service Corps programme in the Overstrand, Witzenberg, Wolseley, Cape Agulhas, Oudtshoorn, Matzikama, George, Bergrivier, Swellendam, Beaufort West and Prince Albert Municipalities. This is a 24 months Learnership Programme and the learners will receive a learners allowance of R1320.00 during their placement.
Successful applicant will be required to be away from home for a period of about 4 months attending Leadership Development Training and again be away from home for a period of about 10 months attending Skills Development Training at the TVET College to acquire SAQA accredited qualification. This period include class training at the College for about 4 months and work place (practical) training for about 6 months.
The intention of National Rural Youth Service Corps “NARYSEC” is to ensure maximum value is derived from the skills and knowledge systems of rural populations. In the end, the enhancement of skills, the development of complete transferable competencies will improve the economic condition of rural areas and young people in particular.
NARYSEC aim is to enhance skills development by providing unemployed rural youth with opportunities to work in their communities and to be trained to provide the necessary services for local socio-economic development.
Learnership application deadline is 27 July 2016 at 16:00.
Learnership Provider: Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
Learnership Location: Various Locations
- Between 18 and 25 years of age
- In possession of Grade 12 certificate
- From a disadvantaged family
- Not studying with any tertiary institution
- Residing in rural areas
- Prepared to do community service
- No criminal record
NB: Applicants from all racial groups including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application forms are obtainable from:
- Nearest Department of Rural Development and Land Reform office or
- Offices of the following municipalities: Overstrand, Witzenberg, Wolseley, Cape Agulhas, Oudtshoorn, Matzikama, George, Bergrivier, Swellendam, Beaufort West and Prince Albert.
It should be noted that each applicant as a pre-condition for shortlisting should attach the following (Certified copy of ID, Certified copy of grade 12 certificate/Statement & CV) as part of the application form. Completed applications can be submitted at the above mentiioned municipalities:
- Beaufort West & Eden – Mr. Sithembiso Fadana: 023 414 2333/060 965 6087
- George – Mr. Sive Matanga: 023 342 0107/071 478 7974
- Bergrivier, Matzikama & Witzenberg – Ms. Odwa Zinto: 027 482 2078/060 965 5960
- Overstrand – Ms. Nwabisa Mtimde: 023 342 0107/060 965 5965
- Swellendam – Mr Sive Matanga : 023 342 0107 /071 478 7974
- Oudtshoorn – Mr Sithembiso Fadana: 023 414 2333 /060 965 6087
- Cape Agulhas – Mr Sive Matanga: 023 342 0107 /071 478 7974
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.