Ditsobotla Local Municipality: Finance Internships Programme for 2016 / 2017
Closing Date: 03 June 2016
Ditsobotla Local Municipality is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
FINANCIAL INTERNS X 4 (Two year Programme)
REMUNERATION: R100 000-00 P.A (ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE)
The intern’s work programme will center around the Municipality’s needs and may include work in the areas of budgeting, annual financial statement preparation, supply chain management, internal control, asset management, revenue management, expenditure management, financial reporting, client services and debtor services.
Applicants should be interested in gaining experience and pursuing a career in Local Government finances, and have a desire to contribute to community development through participation in public services.
Three year B Degree or National Diploma with Majors in Accounting / Finance/ Audit / Risk Management / Economics or equivalent qualification
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound understanding of computer literacy e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn various components of financial management.
- Assist in developing financial positions and procedures,
- Compile financial statements and management reports,
Compile the annual budget,
- Control and manage municipal bank accounts and investments,
- Assist in management of debtors and credit control processes, reconciliations and financial analysis, effective supply chain management and management of assets and liabilities.
Successful applicants will sign an employment contract and an internship agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures of the Municipality.
How to Apply
You are invited to submit a comprehensive CV to Human Resources, P.O Box 6, Lichtenburg, 2740 and please note that no applications without certified copies of qualification, certificates and other relevant documents will be considered.
Any further telephonic enquiries should be directed to Human Resources at 018 633 3800.
Ditsobotla Local Municipality as an employer, applies to Employment Equity and equal opportunities
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.