Eden District Municipality invites applications from suitably qualified unemployed South African citizen graduates to participate in a 12 months internship programme for 2018 / 2019 financial year. Eden District Municipality is offering a position for an Intern for our Tourism office.
Internship Application deadline is 12 December 2017
Internship Provider: Eden District Municipality
Internship Location: George, Western Cape
The intern programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates and a chance to gain meaningful experience that will complement their studies and gain access to the labour market.
DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The duration of the programme is for a period of 12 months.
Salary: R3 500.00 per month
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Eden District Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and would therefore be guided by the principles of Employment Equity when considering the applications. Eden District Municipality uphold the right to place or not place applicants based on its needs and requirements.
Applications are invited from candidates who have not been previously employed under any Public Service/ Municipality Internship programme in the following field of study:
REF: INT 6/2017
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: 3 year Degree / National Diploma in Tourism (NQF 6)
AREA OF EXPOSURE: Tourism
Applicants should confirm their employment history by submitting the following supporting documentation:
– Qualifications (Degree / Diploma must be attached)
– Identity Document (SA)
– Valid drivers license / valid PrDP
– Confirmation of current / previous employment
– Any other applicable documentation required.
1) Preferance will be given to candidates from the Eden District.
2) Candidates must be willing to be subjected to practical/ proficiency testing.
3) Candidates must be willing to be subjected to a medical fitness test and a criminal record check.
4) Council reserves the right not to make or confirm appointments.
5) Your application will also be subjected to references from your previous Employers.
6) No late, faxed or email application will be accepted.
Application forms and further information:
Please forward a completed application form with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanies by original certified copies of your Identity Document, driver’s license and relevant qualifications to Eden District Municipality, Registration Section, P.O Box 12 or 54 York Street, George 6530. The application forms are available at the offices of Eden District Municipality or visit the Eden DM website at www.edendm.gov.za.
Only shortlisted candidates will contacted. Should candidates not be contacted within two month after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful
Contact Person: Ms Mary-An Nyoka on 044- 803 1413.
Closing date: Tuesday, 12 December 2017 before 16h30.
Notice no: 119/2017
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za