Emalahleni Local Municipality: Finance Internships 2017 in Mpumalanga
Emalahleni Local Municipality is looking to appoint 3 Financial Interns on a 2 year fixed-term contract. Interns will receive a stipends of of R100,000 per annum during their placement. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer committed to the promotion of equity and equality.
Internship Application deadline is 27 October 2016
Internship Provider: Emalahleni Local Municipality
Internship Location: Mpumalanga
- B.Com with Accounting III and at least Auditing/Internal Auditing III
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to compile and review monthly cash focus of the municipality
- Assist to update asset register
- Assist to compile monthly bank reconciliation
- Assist to compile monthly and quarterly financial reports as required by division of Revenue Act and MFMA for submission to Provincial/National Treasury, Department of Local Government and Housing
- Assist with compiling of budget and any other duties in the Budget and Treasury Offices
- Assist with the reconciliation in all sections of the Financial Directorate
- Assist the division that handles council’s insurance portfolio
- Assist in ensuring that the asset register balances with council’s financial statement
- Assist in ensuring new assets are marked/bar coded
- Assist in verifying physical count of assets and record the results according to council’s policy
- Other financial functions as instructed by the CFO or his delegate
Skills and Competencies
- Computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Communication skills
For any enquiries contact L Rootman or B Zitha on Tel: 013 690 6445 / 6537
How to apply
Please send your CV together with certified copies of your qualifications, driver’s license and identity document to : The Acting Head: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3, Emalahleni, 1035, or submit your CV at: Administration Building Civic Centre, Mandela Street, eMalahleni 1035
PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATES INVITED FOR INTERVIEWS MUST BRING THEIR ORIGINAL QUALIFICATIONS CERTIFICATES.
If no response is received from Emalahleni Local Municipality within 30 days after the closing date, it must be regarded that your application has not been successful. Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.