FPE Bursaries 2017 in South Africa
FPE is offering Bursary Programme for the academic year 2017 in South Africa. Through the Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE) the Pharmaceutical Society promotes and administers the availability of bursaries for undergraduate study of pharmacy at recognised institutions in SA from the second year of study onwards.
Bursary Application closing date is 02 October 2016.
Undergraduate application form for 2017 – Click here to download
Bursary Provider: Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (FPE)
Bursary Location: South Africa
WHO MAY APPLY?
• Only pharmacy students from the second year of study – no first year applications will be considered (Grade 12’s also excluded)
• Only South African citizens
FOR HOW LONG?
• Only one academic year at a time
• Recipients of bursaries must submit a new application each year for renewal of bursaries
All relevant criteria are taken into consideration during the allocations, including:
• Financial circumstances of the applicant (most weighted criteria) – applicants whose
family income exceeds R130 000 per annum before tax are seldom eligible for financial aid
• Academic achievement – all subjects must be passed – minimum 60% average overall
• Dependants of the supporter still studying – tertiary institutions, scholars
• Other financial assistance – bursaries, loans etc.
• Special circumstances
• Sponsor specific criteria
ALLOCATION OF BURSARIES
• The individual sponsors have the right to allocate the bursary themselves, or give the Foundation the mandate to allocate their funds on their behalf according to agreed upon criteria.
• The decision of the Foundation or the sponsor is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Should the recipient of a bursary discontinue his/her studies, for any reason during the year of the award, the award becomes repayable immediately in such manner as the Foundation may decide.
• Should the recipient of a bursary fail his/her academic year for any reason during the year of the award, the award may, on discretion of the sponsor, become repayable immediately.
• The bursary payments are paid directly to the respective Universities.
• At no stage will any bursary be paid into a personal bank account or handed over in cash.
• If the recipient of an FPE administered bursary (to the value of R8 000 or more) receives another bursary, then the recipient must inform the Foundation immediately in writing, what the other bursary entails.
• The Foundation will then re-evaluate the extent to which your financial position has changed, and then in consultation with the sponsor of the FPE bursary, make a decision on whether the allocation will be continued or withdrawn. The Foundation, with permission of the sponsor, reserves their right to do so.
In addition the Foundation also makes bursaries available for postgraduate study in pharmacy related subjects.
An application form can be downloaded in October each year or contact your Pharmacy School for a copy.
Postgraduate application form for 2017 will be available in October 2016
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.