Harmony Gold Mining: Learnerships Programme 2016 / 2017 in Free State
Harmony Gold Mining Company is looking to fill Engineering (Boilermaker, Fitting & Rigger) as well as Winding Engine Driver learnership opportunities at Joel Mine on the Free State.
Harmony Gold was incorporated 62 years ago and is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world and the third largest gold producer in South Africa. Harmony is a multi-listed company and its primary listing is on the JSE. Harmony operates mines in South Africa and Papua New Guinea.
Learnership Application deadline is 29 August 2016
Learnership Provider: Harmony Gold Mining
Learnership Location: Free State
- Winding Engine Driver Learnerships – Grade 11 with Mathematics and Science (not Mathematic Literacy) or any Grade 12 subjects
- Engineering Learnerships – Full N2 qualification or Technical Grade 12 Certificate with trade theory and engineering drawing relevant to the trade. Preference will be given to service persons with qualifications of the relevant trades
- Medical Certificate of Fitness for underground work
- Passion to “make it happen”
- To undertake any psychometric assessments required by Harmony
- Medically fit
- Passion to ’’make it happen’’
Roles and responsibilities
- Follow a learnership programme which contains both off-the-job and on-the-job training and successfully complete all outcomes as per the MQA and DMR requirements
- Drive your own training programme and actively get involved in your development
- Travel on own expense to the training provider and Shaft in the region to obtain training as required in your programme
- Be an ambassador for the company and always adhere to a strict code of conduct
How to apply
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.