SABS: Internships Programme 2016 / 2017 in Pretoria
South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) is looking to hire Editorial Interns on an 18 months contract. The purpose of the roles is to develop graduates on how to effectively and efficiently edit and prepare standards and other documents so that they are fit for publication. These positions are based in Pretoria.
Working for the SABS opens your mind to the world around you. Everywhere you turn, you’ll find our work being used by thousands of people, consciously or subconsciously, in their everyday home and business lives.
Internship Application deadline is 25 August 2016
Internship Provider: SABS
- B. Degree or National Diploma in English or Communication
- Excellent English writing skills
- Computer literacy (MS office suite)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management and maintenance of the workflow process during the editing process
- Ensure that all editing, e-read, proof reading, silent reading, numbering comparison and preparation of master copies are completed according to the SABS standards and requirements (ARP013)
- Ensure that all editing is completed accurately and according to client requirements and within appropriate time frames
- Liaise and manage the stakeholders so as to ensure that standards are edited and all stakeholders are managed appropriately
- Ensure that the flow of work is managed SABStan database and records are updated.
2. Updating and maintaining of the SABStan database and records
- Ensure that the SABStan database is updated as required
3. Ensuring excellent customer service to all SABS clients
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding the client requirements as per their requests
- Follow up on customer queries, complaints etc. where necessary
- Delivery beyond the client expectations.
For any enquiries contact Yoliswa Mvelo on (012) 428- 6625
Applications should be send to [email protected]