ISASA Internship Programme Nursery School 2016
A unique opportunity exists for an Intern for a 2 year contract period to join the staff of this 108 year old co-educational, multi-faith, independent school in Morningside, Sandton from January 2016.
Redhill School’s mission is to be a world-class, South African learning community, building leaders for their time.
Redhill School is proud of its academic excellence which extends children beyond the confines of any curriculum, its innovative practices with an uncompromising emphasis on the development of thinking skills and our caring ethos based upon respect for individual differences, ensure that we strive towards the holistic education of our pupils.
Commencement date: January 2016
Applications are invited for an Intern position at the Nursery school. Only candidates who are firmly established in their studies towards a Bachelor in Education Degree (Foundation Phase) with a special interest in Early Childhood Development (ECD) will be considered for the position.
The contract period will be for a maximum of two years.
The opportunities provided will enable the candidate to obtain teaching experience in the pre-preparatory environment.
The duties will encompass activities which support the daily routine and expectations of the school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a special interest and love for young children.
- Be able to understand and communicate with young children in well-established English.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be kind and patient at all times.
- Have a positive and flexible personality.
- Be able to take the initiative in a variety of situations.
- Be comfortable under the guidance of teaching staff.
- Be willing to keep an orderly and organized learning environment, both outdoors and indoors.
- Have well-developed social and observational skills
- Exercise integrity and discretion.
- Have sound computer skills.
Please include academic results when applying for this position.
CLOSING DATE: 26 October 2015
If you have not heard from the school by 27 November 2015, please consider your application unsuccessful. Redhill School reserves the right not to make an appointment.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.