KZN Dept of Public Works: Internships 2017 in Pietermartizburg
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works hereby invites applications for internship programme that exists within the Department. Applications are invited from unemployed graduates residing in the KwaZulu-Natal Province so as to gain practical work experience in the following operations of the Department. The Internship Programme offers students that have already received a certificate of completion from the academic institution practical experience in the work place to increase their employment opportunities. The programme will run for a period of one (1) year.
Internship Application deadline is 28 September 2016
Internship Provider: Department of Public Works
Internship Location: KZN Pietermaritzburg
Field of Studies :
- Mechanical Engineering –Ref No ME08,2016– (2 x Interns)
- Structural Engineering –Ref No SE 08/2016 – (3 x Interns)
- Electrical Engineering –Ref No EE 08/2016– (3 x Interns)
- Architecture –Ref No Arc08.2016– (2 x Interns)
- Quantity Surveying –Ref No 0S08/2016- (2 x Interns)
- Bachelor of Commerce(Accounting)–Ref No BCom0812016-(5 x Interns)
The stipend for the internships is as follows:
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degrees In the built environment will receive R21.856 per month.
- Applicants with a B.Com (Accounting) will receive an amount of R4989.51 per month.
- Provide a CV and certified proo! of the qualification they have obtained.
- Be unemployed and only applicants who have never served an internship previously will be considered.
- Provide an affidavit in this respect signed by a Commissioner of Oaths
- Should be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Must be South African citizens residing in KwaZulu-Natal. Must provide proof of residential address (original municipality account. bank statement. original teller from Tribal Authority or Councillor).
Preference will be given to unemployed youth in the rural areas, especially women and people with a disability. Notes and instructions to applicants: Successful applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Department. The Department is under no obligation to employ the Intern on completion of the programme.
All applicants must have a bank account into which the stipend will be paid. They will also be required to submit a tax reference number obtainable from the South African Revenue Services (SARS).
How to apply
Applications for the internship programme must be submitted with completed and signed Z83 application forms (download here) quoting the reference number indicated above. The form must be accompanied by a CV, certified copies of all qualifications, including statements of credit and Identity Document. A separate application form must be provided for each position applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their application/s with full details to the following address: Department of Public Works, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X9041, Pietermaritzburg. 3200 for the attention of Mrs BG Mahiaba or may be hand delivered to 91 Prince Alfred Street, Pietermaritzburg.
Failure of the applicant to abide by the above instructions will render the application disqualified.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za