KZN Dept of Transport Invites applicants to apply for Apprenticeships Programme in the field of Earth Moving Equipment Mechanical for the academic year 2019 in Kwazulu-Natal. The duration of this training will be over a 4 years period which will entail skills training at the accredited training centre and practical work exposure at the mechanical engineering workshops.
Apprenticeship Application Closing Date: 09 October 2018
Apprenticeship Location: Kwazulu-Natal
Apprenticeship Provider: KZN Dept of Transport
Duration: 4 Years
- N2 (Nated study at FET college) Mechanical Engineering with the following subjects passed, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing / Industrial Electronics, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- Grade 12 / Matric, English, Mathematics-Core, Physical Science, Mechanical Technology or similar, Technical Drawing, Diesel Trade Theory OR
- NCV (NQF ) Level 4 – Engineering related design (Automotive) – ERD (Available at FET colleges- English, Maths, Life Orientation, Engineering Processes, Professional Engineering Practice, Applied Engineering Technology and Automotive Repair & Maintenance)
- Diesel Trade Theory.
- Minimum Code C drivers licence will be an advantage.
- Proof of residence
Other skills / competencies:
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Disciplined, self-motivated and committed to the programme
Geographical Areas of Placement
Mountain Rise [x2]
Port Shepstone [x2]
Department of Transport is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the Department’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan. Pre-screening, profile testing, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Employment of the successful candidates is subject to the aforementioned criteria above. Preference will be given to candidates who resides within the identified geographical areas. Proof of residence is a requirement.
How to Apply
Please complete an application form which is available on (http://www.kzntransport.gov.za) , or at the nearest Department of Transport offices and a comprehensive CV, certified copies of the qualifications, ID, together with the proof of residence to the contact person mentioned below. Failure to submit the required documentation will result in the application not being considered.
Applications are forwarded to the Human Resource Directorate, Private Bag X 9043, Pietermaritzburg 3201 or hand delivered to 172 Burger Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201 for the attention of Lizwie Phetha.
- Ladysmith Region: Mr M.P. Ntuli on tel: (036) 638 4401.
- Pietermaritzburg Region: Mr S.S. Shabalala on tel: (033) 392 6600.
- Empangeni Region: Mr L.M. Pillay on tel: (035) 787 1442.
- Durban Region: Mr N. Shoba on tel: (031) 700 2222.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing dates, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za