KZN Government: Bursary Programme for 2016
Closing Date: 11 September 2015
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
KZN Office of the Premier Bursaries 2016
National Diploma or Degree in the following fields: Artisan qualifications, Maritime studies, Engineering related qualifications, Aviation related, Emergency Medical Care, Engineering qualification focusing on energy and water
Contact Person: Mrs T Njakazi: 033 395.2978, Ms BM Moshoeshoe. O33 395 2652 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Office of the Premier, PB X9037, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
KZN Department Of Agriculture & Rural Development Bursaries 2016
Bsc. Agriculture, Bsc. Agriculture Engineering, ND. Agriculture Engineering ND: Industrial Engineering, ND: Animal Health, BVsc. Veterinarian
Contact Person: Mr CM Biyela: (033) 355.9604, Ms. N.T Khumalo (O33) 3559388 Post application to: The Senior Manager. Human Resource Capacity Development, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P / B X9059, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
KZN Department Of Transport Bursaries 2016
BSc Civil Engineering, B. Tech Civil Engineering Technologist, ND: Transportation Economics, ND: Public Transportation Management
Contact Person: Ms N Khanyile (033 355,8828), Ms S Sibisi (033 355.8794) Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Transport, Private Bag X9043, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
KZN Department Of Art and Culture Bursaries 2016
A National Diploma or Degree in the following fields: Drama, Practical Music, Jazz and Popular Music, Jewellery Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Languages, Performing and non Performing Arts, Anthropology, Archival Studies
Contact Person: Mr Mzamo Ndlovu (033 341 3629) Mr Ndumiso Hlongwa (033 241 3630)
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Arts and Culture, 171 Boshoff Street, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3201
KZN Department of Corporative Governance and Traditional Affairs Bursaries 2016
A National Diploma or Degree in the following fields: Civil and Electrical Engineering, Construction Project Management, Land Surveying / Cadastral, Land Surveying / Quantity Surveying, Town and Regional Planning / Urban and Regional Planning, Spatial Planning, Geography Information Systems, Land and Property Development, Financial Management / Local Government Finance, Internal Controls Risk Management, Local Economic Development, Anthropology, Disaster Management, Local Government Laws Land and Legal Expertise, Built Environment Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Photography / Videography / Graphic Design, Legal Studies, Political Studies
Contact Person: Ms J Mchunu: 033 3952340, Mr S Zondi: 033 395.3099, Ms V Govender: 033 395 3181
Post application to: Human Capital Development, Bursary Unit, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Natalia Building, Office 108-110, 15th Floor, South Tower, 330 Langalibalele Street, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200
KZN Department Of Human Settlements Bursaries 2016
A National Diploma or Degree in the following fields: Town and Regional Planning, Environmental Management, Architectural Studies, Project Management Planning, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying. Human Settlements / Housing, Property Management (Real Estate), Civil Engineering, Land Surveying
Contact Person: Mrs DP Mthembu (031) 336 5209, Ms H HIengwa (031) 336 5137,Ms M Phama (031) 336 5195, Ms X. Bhengu (031) 336 5380
KZN Department Of Public Works Bursaries 2016
Bsc. Electrical Engineering, BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Bsc. Civil Engineering, Bsc. Quantity Surveyor with Honours degree in Construction Project Managements ND: Construction Management
Contact Person: Ms JT Khabanyane: (033)2604174 / 4157 / 5180 / 4131) Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public Works, P / B X9041, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Human Settlements PBX54367, DURBAN, 4000
Kwazulu-Natal Provincial Treasury Bursaries 2016
ND: Criminal Justice & Forensics Investigations, Bachelor of Criminology, ND: Forensic investigation, Bcom. Criminal Justice, Bcom. Accounting, BCom, Economics, ND: Financial Accounting, ND. Cost & Management Accounting
Contact Person: Mrs. T. Suleman Tel: (033) 8974372 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of KZN Provincial Treasury, P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200
How to Apply
Youth in possession of a matric / grade 12 certificate between the ages of 18–35 years, and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province, Students who are high achievers in possession of a provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert, Students who are currently studying in the areas indicated in this advert.
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Bursary application form (this is obtainable and returnable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe war rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student • Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning, Website of Provincial Departments, Provincial Government Facebook),
- Certified Copies of løentity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and sor your guardians’ ID.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or current statement of results if already studying, • Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement),
- Proof of registrations acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed.
- It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
- It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
- Obligation: A bursar will be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise, it must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful,
- Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.