Media24: Internship Programme in Cape Town
Media24 is offering a 12 month Journalism internship contract within the Health24 online team in Cape Town. The newly appointed candidate will be working for Health24 to help keep the site updated and fresh daily. They will further be providing support in all aspects of editorial to a team of content producers and editors.
Internship application deadline is 01 August 2016.
Internship Provider: Media24
Internship Location: Cape Town
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting editorial staff
- Loading and editing articles into the content management system
- Researching stories and trends both online and IRL. Phone sources, investigate stories and gather info
- Sourcing and resizing images
- Coming up with story ideas, writing and editing articles
- Keeping expert sections updated
- Degree or diploma in journalism, English or Creative writing.
- Blogging and or writing experience
Skills & Competencies
- Writing experience (published pieces and/or personal blog)
- Able to adapt to the Health24 editorial voice and aesthetic
- Able to write engaging and catchy headlines and blurbs
- Interest and knowledge of health topics
- Excellent command of the English language
- Subbing and editing skills
- Understanding of the online environment
- Excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude
- A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small
- Interested in and engaged with social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube and/or Pinterest
- Curiousity and willingness to learn
How to apply
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.