Midvaal Local Municipality offer 2 years Finance Internships for 2016/ 2017 /2018.
Midvaal Local Municipality, situated in Meyerton and voted the Municipality that provides the best quality of life in Gauteng, invites applications for a 2 year contract for the below mentioned position to become a part of a winning team.
- A recognized B-com degree/ NQF 6 or equivalent with at least Accounting 1 and 2, as subjects.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of windows spread sheet applications.
- Code B Driver’s License
- Assist with the billing process (rates and service charges).
- Assist with customer care in the income section (customer queries, complaints etc.).
- Assist with cashiering when required.
- Assist with the completion of National Treasury reporting templates.
- Assist with the compilation of recons for the Income division.
- Other administrative functions within the Income division.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.
Queries can be directed to the HR Department on 016 360 7440.
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE: 11 FEBRUARY 2016 AT 12:00
The training program is aimed at training candidates in practical local government accounting with the view to qualify for a position after training. Such appointment cannot be guaranteed. Preferably own transport.
ONLY UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES, MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS, RESIDING WITHIN THE MIDVAAL AREA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)