Mine Health and Safety Council: Finance internship 2016 / 2017 in SA
Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC) is offering a Finance Internship for the Financial year 2016 / 2017 in South Africa. This is an 18 months long internship programme and the intern will receive a mothly stipends during their placement. The purpose of the job is to provide support in keeping accurate financial records, to the point of trial balance and general ledger, for the MHSC that meet the requirements of the PFMA.
The MHSC is a national public entity. Its mission is to promote the culture of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in the mining industry by striving for zero with regard to all health and safety issues and legislation. MHSC oversees research in OHS based on the sector performance as well as current and future needs.
Internship Application deadline is 29 June 2016.
Internship Provider: MHSC
Internship Location: South Africa
- National Diploma/ Degree in Finance
Skills and Competencies :
- Financial Skills
- Good organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication Skills
- Working under pressure
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following
- All entries in the General Ledger up to trial balance are correct.
- The ledgers are fully reconciled.
- Full creditors function is run up to reconciliation stage.
- Prepared purchase orders (i.e. instruction to invoice).
- Debtors are invoiced and the debt collections are supervised.
- Cashbooks are correct for main account, salary account and credit cards.
- Bank reconciliation are done correctly on a monthly basis.
- All filing (up to date daily).
How to Apply :
Email your CV to[email protected]
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)