Discovery: IT Internship 2016 / 2017 in Gauteng
Discovery seeks a Junior Developer to become a business analyst within the Discovery Invest business unit based in Sandton, Gauteng. The business analyst will be responsible for the elicitation of requirements, documentation, testing and implementation of business/product rules. You will also have have to deliver on requirements for the system and process enhancements as well as legislative requirements.
Internship Application deadline is 30 June 2016.
Internship Provider: Discovery
Internship Location: Gauteng, Sandton
- IT related Degree
- Business Analysis Certification
Skills snd Competencies:
- The ability to multitask various projects effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver on individual deliverables.
- Ability to deal with pressure, tight deadlines and setbacks in order to deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Must be able to present and communicate information effectively.
- Initiating Action – proactively prompting action to accomplish objectives successfully.
- Data Analytical Skills – ability to understand and work with big data sets in order to achieve desired outcome.
- Wonderful Communication Skills – Ability to communicate clearly on information is Important.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for but not limited to the following
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of the analysis phase of the project, the quality of testing outputs and deliverables.
- Responsible for the elicitation of business and product rules.
- Document existing as is processes and develop and document new
- To be processes. Creating the synergy between the analysis phase and design phase of the project
- Produce written functional requirement specifications for various system enhancements/maintenance/projects etc by retrieving the requirements from business and holding JAD sessions and producing technical detail in order to meet business’s requirements.
- Identifying processes that can be optimized and proactively initiating change to ensure efficiency.
- Responsible for production support in terms of fixes and enhancements
- as well as writing SQL scripts for data integrity checking as well as statistical and other purposes. Root cause analysis of bugs to reduce and eliminate future risk
How to Apply :
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)