Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) Bursaries 2016 –
The MQA bursary covers full tuition, accommodation, meals and book allowances. The bursary will be awarded to students enrolled in careers identified in the scarce and critical skills list, particularly in core mining related disciplines.
- The minimum criteria required include a strong academic record accompanied by a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants must also have genuine interest in and knowledge of the mining and minerals sector.
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive only)
- Environmental Health and Management
Students studying the following disciplines will also be considered, although there are limited bursaries available
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering(Mineral Processing)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
Special consideration will be given to female applicants as well as applicants living with disabilities.
The MQA carries a service obligation and successful applicants will be obligated to secure employment within the South African mining and minerals sector for the same amount of years as the sponsored bursary.
How to apply
Click here to download the application form
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za