We are committed to providing learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship).
A Monash scholarship or bursary could mean:
- 50-100 percent of your annual fees are paid – up to R60,700 – for your Foundation Programme or undergraduate course
- a place in leadership, work and mentoring programmes not available to other students
- financial freedom so you can devote yourself to your study and success.
Some scholarships offer one-off payments while others continue for the length of your course if you maintain your exceptional grades. Click on the scholarship titles below to find out more.
There are also a number of external scholarships available to Monash South Africa students.
- Botswana Government Scholarships
- Mandela Rhodes
- International River Foundation (IRF) – Ken Thiess Memorial scholarship – postgraduate research scholarship
Applications for external scholarships are managed by the external agencies. You should contact them directly.
How to apply
To be eligible for a scholarship with us you must first be accepted into your course at Monash South Africa – view the different courses on offer.
You should then:
- complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za