We are committed to providing learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship).
A Monash scholarship or bursary could mean:
- 50-100 percent of your annual fees are paid – up to R60,700 – for your Foundation Programme or undergraduate course
- a place in leadership, work and mentoring programmes not available to other students
- financial freedom so you can devote yourself to your study and success.
Some scholarships offer one-off payments while others continue for the length of your course if you maintain your exceptional grades. Click on the scholarship titles below to find out more.
There are also a number of external scholarships available to Monash South Africa students.
- Botswana Government Scholarships
- Mandela Rhodes
- International River Foundation (IRF) – Ken Thiess Memorial scholarship – postgraduate research scholarship
Applications for external scholarships are managed by the external agencies. You should contact them directly.
How to apply
To be eligible for a scholarship with us you must first be accepted into your course at Monash South Africa – view the different courses on offer.
You should then:
- complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)