Closing Date: 31 August 2015
The South African Police Service invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
Basic enlistment requirements: Young South African men and women who apply to be appointed as a member in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) must:
- Apply on the form determined by the National Commissioner and affirm under oath or by way of a solemn declaration that the particulars furnished in the application, are the truth and correct;
- Be a South African citizen of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 school certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Safety in Society of which documentary proof must be furnished (2015 matriculates are welcome to apply and before enlistment proof of successful completion of Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) must be submitted. As an interim arrangement kindly submit proof of last school report); Preference will be given to applicants who are in possession of at least a light vehicle driver’s licence;
- Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National
- Commissioner and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Proficient in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office;
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing the SAPS summer uniform;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and / or pending criminal, civil, disciplinary cases
- and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made; Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm and
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic.
Body Mass Index of less than 30 / Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females)
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant.
Applicants in possession of valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will have an added advantage.
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification. Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded. The SAPS will also publish the names of applicants on the SAPS Website and in the newspapers for public comments.
Applicants will undergo a Final Selection Phase (“Grooming Phase”) at a venue and period as determined by the National Commissioner, to select the successful applicants.
In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 24 (twenty four) months.
The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- Academy Phase: Ten months training at a designated SAPS Academy;
- Field Police Development Phase: Twelve months training at a designated Field Police Development police station;
- Integrated Assessment Phase: Two months assessment at a designated SAPS Academy.
During the Academy Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. During the Field Police Development Phase of the PROGRAMME the police trainee shall be responsible for his / her own meals and accommodation;
Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 24-month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS. Remuneration (on completion of the training period) will be on the first notch of Band A (currently R142 140 per annum). In addition to this, appointees will receive the applicable service benefits.
Core Functions: Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime,
- Maintain public order,
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property,
- Uphold and enforce the law
The posts available in the Limpopo Province are as follows:
|BalfourRef No: MP / 1 / 08 / 2015|
|GrootvleiRef No: MP / 2 / 08 / 2015|
|ElukwiniRef No: MP / 3 / 08 / 2015|
|Elukwini FCSRef No: MP / 4 / 08 / 2015|
|FernieRef No: MP / 5 / 08 / 2015|
|HartebeeskopRef No: MP / 6 / 08 / 2015|
|CarolinaRef No: MP / 07 / 08 / 2015|
|Elukwini STURef No: MP / 08 /08 / 2015|
|ElulindeniRef No: MP / 9 / 08 / 2015|
|Hartebeeskop CSSRef No: MP / 10 / 08 / 2015|
|MayflowerRef No: MP / 11 / 08 / 2015|
|Hartebeeskop VISRef No: MP / 12 / 08 / 2015|
|ErmeloRef No: MP / 13 / 08 / 2015|
|BreytenRef No: MP / 14 / 08 / 2015|
|Ermelo STURef No: MP / 15/08 / 2015|
|Ermelo K9Ref No: MP / 16 / 08 / 2015|
|Ermelo VSSRef No: MP / 17 / 08 / 2015|
|Ermelo VISRef No: MP / 18 / 08 / 2015|
|Piet RetiefRef No: MP / 19 / 08 / 2015|
|SheepmooorRef No: MP / 20 / 08 / 2015|
|Piet Retief FCSRef No: MP / 21 / 08 / 2015|
|SecundaRef No: MP / 22 / 08 / 2015|
|EminoniRef No: MP / 23 / 08 / 2015|
|TrichardtRef No: MP / 24 / 08 / 2015|
|EvanderRef No: MP / 25 / 08 / 2015|
|Secunda FCSRef No: MP / 26 / 08 / 2015|
|LeslieRef No: MP / 27 / 08 / 2015|
|Secunda K9Ref No: MP / 28 / 08 / 2015|
|BethalRef No: MP / 29 / 08 / 2015|
|EmbalenhleRef No: MP / 30 / 08 / 2015|
|StandertonRef No: MP / 31 / 08 / 2015|
|SakhileRef No: MP / 32 / 08 / 2015|
|Standerton FCSRef No: MP / 33 / 08 / 2015|
|MorgenzonRef No: MP / 34 / 08 / 2015|
|AmersfootRef No: MP / 35 / 08 / 2015|
|Standerton STURef No: MP / 36 / 08 / 2015|
|VolksrustRef No: MP / 37 / 08 / 2015|
|Wakkerstroom STURef No: MP / 38 / 08 / 2015|
|MiddelburgRef No: MP / 39 / 08 / 2015|
|Middelburg MountendRef No: MP / 40 / 08 / 2015|
|HendrinaRef No: MP / 41 / 08 / 2015|
|BlinkpanRef No: MP / 42 / 08 / 2015|
|KwamhlangaRef No: MP / 43 / 08 / 2015|
|KwaggerfonteinRef No: MP / 44 / 08 / 2015|
|SiyabuswaRef No: MP / 45 / 08 / 2015|
|VerenaRef No: MP / 46 / 08 / 2015|
|Witbank TRTRef No: MP / 47 / 08 / 2015|
|OgiesRef No: MP / 48 / 08 / 2015|
|KrielRef No: MP / 49 / 08 / 2015|
|DelmasRef No: MP / 50 / 08 / 2015|
|SundraRef No: MP / 51 / 08 / 2015|
|VorsmanRef No: MP / 52 / 08 / 2015|
|Witbank FCSRef No: MP / 53 / 08 / 2015|
|WitbankRef No: MP / 54 / 08 / 2015|
|BelfastRef No: MP / 55 / 08 / 2015|
|MechadodropRef No: MP / 56 / 08 / 2015|
|DullstroomRef No: MP / 57 / 08 / 2015|
|Acornhooek FCSRef No: MP / 58 / 08 / 2015|
|CalcuttaRef No: MP / 59 / 08 / 2015|
|SkukuzaRef No: MP / 60 / 08 / 2015|
|PienaarRef No: MP / 61 / 08 / 2015|
|KwanyamazaneRef No: MP / 62 / 08 / 2015|
|KobokweniRef No: MP / 63 / 08 / 2015|
|TongaRef No: MP / 64 / 08 / 2015|
|KaapmuidenRef No: MP / 65 / 08 / 2015|
|SchoemansdalRef No: MP / 66 / 08 / 2015|
|MbuziniRef No: MP / 67 / 08 / 2015|
|Komatpoort VISRef No: MP / 68 / 08 / 2015|
|Komatpoort VSSRef No: MP / 69 / 08 / 2015|
|LydenburgRef No: MP / 70 / 08 / 2015|
|Lydenburg FCSRef No: MP / 71 / 08 / 2015|
|Pilgrim ResetRef No: MP / 72 / 08 / 2015|
|MaarteensdorpRef No: MP / 73 / 08 / 2015|
|NelspruitRef No: MP / 74 / 08 / 2015|
|Nelspruit FCSRef No: MP / 75 / 08 / 2015|
|Whiteriver VSSRef No: MP / 76 / 08 / 2015|
|BarbertonRef No: MP / 77 / 08 / 2015|
|NgodwanaRef No: MP / 78 / 08 / 2015|
|WhiteriverRef No: MP / 79 / 08 / 2015|
|BothashoopRef No: MP / 80 / 08 / 2015|
|EmahlathiniRef No: MP / 81 / 08 / 2015|
|Jeppes ReefRef No: MP / 82 / 08 / 2015|
|JosefsdalRef No: MP / 83 / 08 / 2015|
|LebomboRef No: MP / 84 / 08 / 2015|
|MahambaRef No: MP / 85 / 08 / 2015|
|NerstonRef No: MP / 86 / 08 / 2015|
|WaverleyRef No: MP / 87 / 08 / 2015|
|KMIARef No: MP / 88 / 08 / 2015|
|MiddelburgRef No: MP / 89 / 08 / 2015|
|BalfourRef No: MP / 90 / 08 / 2015|
|AcornhoekRef No: MP / 91 / 08 / 2015|
|ElukwatiniRef No: MP / 92 / 08 / 2015|
|ErmeloRef No: MP / 93 / 08 / 2015|
|KwanyamazaneRef No: MP / 94 / 08 / 2015|
|LydenbugrRef No: MP / 95 / 08 / 2015|
|NelspruitRef No: MP / 96 / 08 / 2015|
|Piet RetiefRef No: MP / 97 / 08 / 2015|
|StandertonRef No: MP / 98 / 08 / 2015|
|TongaRef No: MP / 99 / 08 / 2015|
|WitbandRef No: MP / 100 / 08 / 2015|
|SecundaRef No: MP / 101 / 08 / 2015|
How to Apply
Complete an application form in your own handwriting. These application forms can be obtained from your nearest SAPS Recruitment office or the Human Resource Official at local Police Stations as well as the SAPS Website.
Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
Specify the post which you are applying for.
Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
Attach certified copies of your: * ID Document, * Driver’s licence, * Matric / Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate), * Additional qualifications, * Proof of residence.
Applicants who were subjected to the psychometric assessment and fit the profile will be requested, when undergoing the fitness assessment, to submit four (4) colour ID photographs, of which one will be utilized for the application form, one for the fitness assessment form, one for the interview form and one for the medical assessment form.
You are advised to apply for posts within your province, close to your place of residence.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.