Ndlambe Local Municipality: Finance & Accounting Internships Programme for 2016 / 2017
Closing date is 07 June 2016 at 12h00
The Ndlambe Local Municipality has secured funding from National Treasury (Finance Management Grant) to embark on a project that is aimed at ensuring the successful implementation of Budget and Accounting reforms within the District and the selected Local Municipalities in the District. The programme will facilitate on the job technical skills of interns.
As part of the project, Intern will undergo intensive training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management. The Accounting and Financial areas include:
- Revenue Collection and Debtors Administration
- Procurement and Payment of Creditors
- Cash Flow and Investment Management
- Risk Management and Short Term Insurance
- Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statements
- Budgeting and in year reporting
This position will suit candidates with the following profile:
- The candidate must be unemployed
- The candidate must not exceed the age of 35
- Belong to the previously disadvantaged group or background
- Must have an appropriate Accounting or Auditing Degree/Diploma or Financial Management with Accounting II as a subject.
- Must be computer literate with extensive knowledge of MS Office, Software Packages (MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak at least two languages spoken within the Council’s area of jurisdiction,
- Must be willing to undergo a performance assessment during the internship programme.
- Applicants must come from the local area of jurisdiction (Ndlambe Area).
How to Apply
To apply, please send your C.V, certified copies of qualifications, ID document, driver’s license and covering letter (including details of at least 3 contactable references) to the *Human Resource Unit*, Ndlambe Municipality, P.O. Box 13; Port Alfred, 6170. Please note that no late, emailed or faxed applications will be considered. A prospective candidate must declare any previous information that might compromise Ndlambe Municipality/candidate.
All applications who do not receive any response within 21 days of the advertisement, should know that their applications have not been successful. The Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful; however they are thanked for showing interest in the Municipality
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.