Netcare: Pharmacist Internships 2016 / 2017 in Benoni
Netcare Linmed Hospital has a Pharmacy Internship opportunity in Benoni. The candidates will report to the Assistant Pharmacy Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist. The Pharmacist Intern will also assume responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
Internship application deadline is 31 August 2016
Internship Provider: Netcare
Internship Location: Gauteng
Field of Studies :
- Dispensing of prescriptions (hospital and retail) under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
- Assist and advise on the usage, side effects, contra-indications and storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assist with the issue, control and preparation of all oncology drugs according to pharmacy policy and procedure.
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines, treatment for general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and child healthcare services, family planning and immunisation.
- Processing of stock for internal departments and inter-clinic sales.
- Assist the pharmacist with packing of stock from time to time.
- Involved in all aspects of cyclical and full stock-take processes including procurement and ethical stock control.
- Capture all dispensed items to patients account
- Manage all Total Parenteral Nutrition queries and orders where and when required
- Assist with clinical ward rounds where and when required
- The Pharmacist Intern is personally responsible in ensuring his/her training is beneficial by completing the portfolio adequately with the assistance of the assigned tutor
- Each individual is responsible for their own compliance to regulations as set out by the SA Pharmacy Council.
- Maintain and sustain effective working relationships with all medical and allied medical staff.
- Build relationships with wards to facilitate the understanding and updating of Pharmacy systems and policies.
- Conduct related administrative and house-keeping tasks
- Keep abreast of new developments in the Pharmaceutical field
- Assist in front shop Retail Pharmacy tasks when required
- Assist with any adhoc duties assigned by the Assistant Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip.Pharm).
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist Intern
- Knowledge of Pharmacy business operations.
- Advanced computer literacy
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to [email protected] or alternatively fax application details to 0867252096.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.