Waterberg District Municipality: Finance Internships 2017 in Modimolle
Waterberg District Municipality invites applications for a Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme (MFMIP) within the Budget and Treasury Office. This is a 2 years long internship programme and Successful candidates will receive a stipends of R 100 000.00 (per annum) during their placement.REF: PF MFMIP/02/07/2016 (Two-year contract)
The intern will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer. The intern will sign an internship agreement which is in addition to the employment contract. The effect of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures.
Internship application deadline is 02 September 2016 @ 12:00
Internship Provider: Waterberg District Municipality
Internship Location: Modimolle
Field of Studies :
- Applicants must possess a three- year B. com. Degree / Diploma in Financial Management (Economics, Accounting or Finance) including either Risk Management and/or Auditing, among others.
- No experience required.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
Key Performance Areas Include
- Implementation of GRAP and Budget Reforms
- Financial and Performance reporting
- Change, Risk and Project Management
- Expenditure and revenue management
- Supply chain/ procurement management
- Implementation of the Municipal Finance Management Act
- Asset Management
Further enquiries may be directed to Ms. RPT Makibelo at tel. no. 014 718 3367 during office hours.
How to apply
Faxed or e-mailed applications and those without the relevant accompanying documents will not be considered. Qualifications, employment background check and a security vetting of candidates will be done.
Should you not be contacted within 90 days of the closing date please accept that your application had been unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za