Potatoes Industry Development Trust: Bursaries 2017 in South Africa
The Potatoes Industry Development Trust (PIDT) invites applications from students who wish to pursue their post graduate studies in the field of Agriculture.The Trust, through Potatoes South Africa, provides bursaries to diploma, undergraduate and post graduate students studying agriculture at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
Bursary Application deadline is 31 October 2016
Bursary Provider: Potato Industry Development Trust (PIDT)
Bursary Location: South Africa
Fields of studies:
- Diploma, Degrees, Honours, Masters and PhD students in the field of Agriculture
Who can apply?
- Honours, Masters and PhD students in the field of agriculture – potatoes. (Masters and PhD students to submit a potato related research proposal.)
- Must have excellent academic standing.
- South African citizens.
- Proof of registration at an appropriate South African university
Conditions of the bursary
- After completion of the studies the student must work for a potato industry related company, organisation or institution in the Republic of South Africa as approved by the Potato Industry Development Trust equivalent to the period of the bursary.
- All students are given the opportunities to get to know the potato industry through an annual induction programme that takes place in April.
- The program includes visits to a fresh produce market, a potato farm, a processing plant and research facilities.
- Diploma and undergraduate students will be given the opportunity to enhance their skills through an internship (for disciplines requiring practical training and exposure as part of their qualification condition) and a workplace experience program to enhance their employment opportunities.
How to apply
Students who have an interest in pursuing a research in a potato related field will receive priority, with a good academic standing and who wish to further their studies can request an application form from [email protected] or may download the application form (Download here) to apply.
Students who have not been contacted by the 31st of January 2017 must regard their application as being unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za