Rhodes University Clerical Internships for 2016
Closing date is 14 September 2015
As part of the University’s equity initiative, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to be part of our Clerical Internship Programme. The programme will run from 1 February 2016 to 31 December 2016.
This Rhodes University Internship is a full-time employment opportunity that aims to provide fresh graduates with a strong academic track record the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills through gaining critical working experience in their chosen fields. Interns are given real responsibilities and continuous development through dedicated mentoring and training initiatives.
Remuneration: Gross monthly income of R 4,216 (subject to an annual adjustment in 2016)
- A minimum of a Matric certificate with an administrative/secretarial diploma/certificate (one year of study) OR Matric plus 1 year’s (no more than 3) clerical/administrative experience.
- Must be a Black (as defined by the Employment Equity Act).
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must reside in the Eastern Cape and be prepared to reside in Grahamstown for the duration of your Internship.
- Basic Level of Computer Literacy – please note that this will be assessed as part of the recruitment process should you be short-listed.
- English at the Grade 12/NQF4 level
- Numeracy skills at the Grade 9/NQF1 level – unless you are placed in Finance in which case numeric skills at NQF4 are required.
The full minimum requirements of the post can be found in the Clerical Internship Job Profile
*Please note that we are looking for candidates in the emerging stages of their career as opposed to candidates looking for a second career.
How to apply
Closing date is 14 September 2015. To apply please complete the Application Form electronically and e-mail it to [email protected] along with a copy of your ID before the closing date. Please indicate the specific internship that you are applying for in the subject line.
No CV or Certificates are required.
Please note that hand-written applications and hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
If you have not been contacted by the 31st of October 2015, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za