- Matric and/or N3 Engineering Certificate or N3 Pulp and Paper Certificate (4 subjects)
- Minimum 3 months experience in a similar position
- Takes and hand over shift.
- Conducts a section walkabout to inspect plant for start-up and completes checklist
- Checks on coal bunker levels at the beginning of every shift.
- Cleans Hydro Seals on Boiler’s.
- Slices and breaks up ash clinkers.
- Initiates light up of Boilers, after instruction from Process Controller: Steam.
- Blows soot on the boilers by operating soot blowers, after instruction from Process Controller: Steam.
- Maintain coal supply to Coal fired boiler.
- Assists Process Controller: Steam with plant operation.
- Clears blockages on grit hoppers on boilers.
- Reports defects or any unsafe conditions.
- Collects ash samples from each boiler, crushes the ash, numbers the containers and takes them to the laboratory on instruction from Process Controller: Steam.
- Collects Boiler water samples and deliver them to the demin plant operator on instruction from Process Controller: Steam.
- Keeps Grit re-firing hoppers on CFB’s clean
- Remove and replace covers on Hydro seals and jammed stokers for cleaning
- Carries out Plant related tasks on instruction from the Supervisor.
- HP cleaning of Boilers.
- Assist Process Controller Steam with all related tasks at Power Station e.g. Opening and Closing of Valves.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE
- Ensures a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies.
- Ensures that the Section complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Legal Appointment, etc) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances.
How to apply
Closing date is 29 December 2015. Click here to apply online
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za