Sappi Bursaries and scholarships 2016
Our bursary scheme is intended to cater for talented, high flyers and innovative young South African citizens; it is a talent-based approached where applicants who meet the minimum criteria may be invited to a selection interview. Sappi awards a number of bursaries each year based on our annual skills audit and business needs.
Sappi invites students/undergraduates who are interested in studying through Sappi’s bursary scheme to apply for our bursary programme in the following study fields:
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Forestry
- National Diploma in Forestry
Who may apply?
How do I apply?
- Submit or forward your CV
- Motivation letter/Covering letter
- Grade 12 (Mid-year results)
- Academic transcripts if already at the university.
Required minimum qualifications criteria
- South African citizen
- An average of 70-80% in Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy); 70-80% in Physical Science and 65% in English
- Must have qualifying points for entrance at the university or acceptance confirmation
- Current university results would be considered for undergraduates students.
- eMail their CV, motivational letter and results to: [email protected]
- Post your applications to:
The ETQA Manager, Human Resources, Sappi Southern Africa Ltd, PO Box 31560, Braamfontein, 2001
- Hand in their applications at their local HR Department.
Our preferred educational institutions
In specific fields of study, Sappi have agreements with the following educational institutions:
- University of KwaZulu-Natal – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Pretoria – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Stellenbosch – (B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Sciences)
- University of Witwatersrand – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Cape Town – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) – (N4- N6)
- Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) – (N4- N6)
- Umfolozi College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Ekurhuleni College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Nelspruit College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) – (National Diploma in Forestry)
- University of Port Elizabeth (Forestry – Saasfield) – (National Diploma in Forestry)
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.