Sappi is offering [x83] Forestry Research Internships Programme for the academic year 2018/2019. The purpose of this Internship is to provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and training and to develop the specific competencies required in executing research-related activities at our Shaw Research Centre. Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend during their Placement.
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Internship Provider: Sappi
Field of Studies
- National Diploma / Bachelors Degree in Forestry, Horticulture or Botany or any related qualification
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification
- Relevant Forestry, Horticulture or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license would be beneficial
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with tissue culture laboratory activities such as media preparation and sub-culturing.
- Assist with Research trial activities such planting and measurement.
- Assist with data capture and analysis of trial data
- Safety awareness and implementation of policy
Competencies & Skills
- Research knowledge (would be a recommendation)
- Planning and organizing
- Safety and Quality awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure
How to Apply
For any Enquiries, please contact Kgwerano Notoane on 0114078111 or email [email protected]
If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.. Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za