The Service shall pay a stipend of R 4 500-00 per month during the Induction- and Basic Training Phases of the contract period. No other benefits and/or allowances are payable during these phases.
Basic Police Development Learning Programme
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme for a period of 21 (twenty one) months. The contract period of twenty one (21) months comprises of the following phases:
One (1) month Induction at a designated police station.
Basic Training Phase:
Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station).
After successful completion of the Induction- and the Basic Training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation.
The police trainee will undergo on the job training for a period of twelve (12) months at a workplace determined by the Service. During the Probation Phase the police trainee shall be designated as a constable.
During the Probation Phase the police trainee shall be assessed to determine his or her suitability to be appointed as a permanent member of the South African Police Service. A prescribed assessment instrument will be used for this purpose.
The Service shall pay a stipend equivalent to Band A, notch 1 (Currently R152 943.00 per annum) during the Probation Phase. The police trainee shall receive all benefits and/or allowances (subject to the qualifying criteria), that are applicable to a permanent member of the Service.
Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime,
- Maintain public order,
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property,
- Uphold and enforce the law.
How to apply:
- Complete an application form in your own handwriting. These application forms can be obtained from your nearest SAPS Recruitment office or the Human Resource Official at local Police Stations as well as the SAPS Website.
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in the regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti-Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
- Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
- Attach certified copies of your: *ID Document, *Driver’s Licence,
*Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification),
*Additional qualifications, *Proof of residence.
- Applicants who were subjected to the psychometric assessment and fit the profile will be requested, when undergoing the fitness assessment, to submit four (4) colour ID photographs, of which one will be utilized for the application form, one for the fitness assessment form, one for the interview form and one for the medical assessment
Application form must be hand delivered to:
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)