The South African Weather Service invites graduates to apply for Meteorology/Atmospheric Internships Programme for academic year 2019 in Pretoria. The duration of this Internship Programme is 12 months. Successfil candidates will receive a stipend of R6000 per month during their placement.
Internship Application Closing Date: 13 April 2019
Internship Provider: South African Weather Service
Internship Location: Pretoria
Field of Studies
- Meteorology / Atmospheric and oceanic sciences or related field (BSc Honours / MSc) (x1 Intern)
- Student MUST have BSc Honours in meteorology or atmospheric and oceanic sciences or related field.
- Student MUST be able to analyse large data sets in Python or Matlab programming languages.
- A strong understanding of atmospheric circulation and meteorological conditions influencing atmospheric transport over Southern Africa is required.
- Ability to integrate and compare various high resolution satellite observations and modelling data.
- An applicant must be a new graduate or have been unemployed for a period of one-year after completion of a tertiary qualification.
How to apply
A comprehensive CV with copies of qualifications should be emailed (with the name of the position and relevant reference number in the subject line) to: [email protected]
For further information regarding the Internship Programme contact: Gugu Maphisa (012-367 6094) or [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za