Shopprite Invites candidates to apply for Industrial Psychology Internship Programme for the academic year 2018 / 2019 in Cape Town.The intern will commence from (1 February 2019 – 31 January 2020) and it will enable interns to gain practical exposure in a multinational retail company. This internship will afford the Industrial & Organisational Psychology Interns the opportunity to register with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and allows the interns to gain exposure within a multinational retail company in order to complete aspects of their Internship programme as per HPCSA requirements.
The purpose of this 12 month internship program is to provide our Shoprite interns with an in-depth understanding in the field of Industrial Psychology/Organisational Development through the practical application of theoretical knowledge, towards their certification as I/O Psychologist at the end of the contract period. The intern will be formally supervised by a registered Industrial Psychologist within Shoprite. The University of choice from the intern will act as the supervising university of the internship.
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 August 2018
Internship Provider: Shoprite
Internship Location: Brackenfell, Cape Town
- Industrial Psychology / Organisational Psychology
- Industrial Psychology Masters Dissertation must be fully completed.
- Coursework must be fully completed in Industrial Psychology.
- Registered with the HPCSA as a student or intern psychologist
- Must have secured their own Supervisor at University that will supervise their Internship from an Academic perspective.
- South African citizen
Knowledge and Experience
- High level of administrative and report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Good numerical and research skills
- Good time management skills.
- Committed team player with sound interpersonal skills.
- Good decision making skills.
How to apply
Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za