SITA: System Support & System Development Learnership 2016
The State Information Technology Agency (SITA) is pleased to announce its System Development and System Support Learnerships, in partnership with the above mentioned Provincial Governments, targeting unemployed youth. Applications are invited from unemployed youth residing in the Mpumalanga, North West & Eastern Cape Provinces, who meet the minimum requirements, and are keen to pursue a career in Information and Communications Technology (Ref No: YDP 16/03/18).
SITA is an equal opportunity employer and endeavors to promote skills Development targeted at previously disadvantaged individuals by complying with appropriate legislation, e.g. the Skills Development Act, 1997.
The Learnership Programme is offered over a period of 12 months which comprises of 6 months theoretical training and 6 months practical training. A stipend of R3000,00 per month will be paid to Learners.
In order to apply you must be
- A South African citizen.
- Presently unemployed.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- Be in possession of a valid matric certificate at a minimum
- Computer literacy certificate will be an added advantage
- Living in one of the above three provinces and wish to participate in the Learnership in that Province.
Applications WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED where you have
- A post matric qualification (Diploma/Degree).
- Previously participated in any other IT learnership programme.
How to apply
Closing date is 18 March 2016. Applicants must apply in writing specifying the relevant programme i.e. System Support and System Development Learnership with reference number: (Ref No: YDP 16/03/18).
Applications must be accompanied by an updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of matric certificate and South African identity document.
- Applications from individual with disabilities are encouraged.
- Candidates who do not hear from us within a month of the closing date must regard their application as being unsuccessful.
- Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
- Acceptance onto the programme is subject to signing a learnership contract, assessments as may be necessary, verification of qualifications, credential verification and security vetting.
Applications can be forwarded using either of the following methods:
- By Hand: (Gauteng) SITA Erasmuskloof Level 3N 459 Tsitsa Street Erasmuskloof Pretoria
- By Hand: (EC – Port Elizabeth) SITA Port Elizabeth Ivor Ben Close William Moffit Street Fairview
- By Hand: (EC – East London) SITA East London Block G, Ocean Terrace Moore Street, Quigney East London
- By Hand: (MP – Middelburg) SITA Middelburg 133 Cowen Ntuli Street Middelburg
- By Hand: (MP – Nelspruit) SITA Mafikeng SITA House, Fir Street Black River Park, Observatory
- By Hand: (NW – Rustenburg) SITA Middelburg 133 Cowen Ntuli Street Middelburg
- By Hand: (NW – Mafikeng) SITA Mafikeng 1st Floor Commissioner Place Cnr Carrington & Victoria Road Mafikeng
- By Hand: (NW – Potchefstroom) SITA Potchefstroom Wilge Park 17 Piet Uys Street Potchefstroom
- By email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries, contact Koos Kuhn on (012) 482 2407
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.