Trudon: Bursaries 2017 in SA
Trudon is looking to award bursaries to second and third year tertiary students for 2017 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 August 2016
Bursary Provider: Trudon
Bursary Location: South Africa
Further your career with a Trudon bursary aimed at assisting South African second and third year tertiary students.
Regrettably no first year bursaries are available.
Trudon is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
To qualify for the Trudon Bursary the student must:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- Able to provide proof of his/her current academic results and be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with Maths
- Be accepted by the chosen university for the specific course
- Be a second or third year student studying full time at a recognised South African university (that is acceptable to Trudon) towards an undergraduate degree in:
Informatics or IT Management
Computer Science and Informatics or Information Technology / Mathematical Science
Digital Media Studies
Multimedia Design and Digital Media Studies are awarded to students studying towards a Bachelor of Information Science (Publishing and Multimedia) and or Graphic Design qualification.
These degrees represent fields of relevance to the company. The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
Trudon does not award bursaries towards post-graduate studies.
- Second or third year tertiary students: Majors and overall average minimum 60%.
What does the bursary cover?
- Registration and Tuition fees
- Book Allowance
- Residence fees (where applicable)
How will my progress be monitored?
Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and renewed annually.
All bursaries are granted on merit but preference is given to black (Africans, Coloureds and Indian) applicants.
What happens after graduation?
- After graduation, the student may be required to work 12 to 18 months for Trudon
- Should the bursary recipient not accept the contract of employment, repayment will become due of all monies owed to the Company
- In-Service training periods are excluded from this period. The obligation period for tertiary students will only commence after successful completion of the graduation programme.
- Phase 1 – Apply online (www.trudon.co.za) every year in July.
- Phase 2 – Should you be successful in the first phase, you will be invited via email for psychometric assessments. The sessions will be held at Trudon Headoffice.
- Phase 3 – Should you be shortlisted after Phase 2, you will be invited via email to attend a panel interview.
- Phase 4 – Offers will be made to the successful candidates.
** All communication will be sent via email, please make sure that you check your emails regularly.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)