Ubuhlebezwe Municipality: Internships Programme in KZN
Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality is offering Internships Programme for the academic year 2016/2017 in Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal .The Municipality has three internships positions available for suitably qualified candidates in the fied of GIS, Fire Fighter and Tourism. This internship programme is for a period 18 months during which the successful candidates will receive a stipend of R3,000.00 per month on their placement.
Internship Application deadline is 22 July 2016
Internship Provider: Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality
Internship Location: Ixopo, Kwa-Zulu
- Grade 12 Certificate and a National Diploma in GIS or any related field.
- Be knowledge and experience in Geographic information system in a municipal environment would be advantageous.
- Be knowledgeable in related Geographic Information Systems regulations / guidelines and ESRI products.
- Preference will be given to candidates in a process to be (relevant proof supporting that must be attached).
- Computer literacy in MS Word/Excel/Access and operating systems Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English and IsiZulu, both verbal and written.
Fire Fighter internship
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Fire Fighter I and II
- Disaster Management Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Driver’s license Code 08.
- Be physically fit and able bodied.
- Be able to run 2. 4 kilometres.
- Ability to communicate both in Zulu and English.
- No criminal record/ pending cases.
- Must not be more than 35 years of age.
- Grade 12 Certificate and a 3 year Degree/Diploma in Tourism Management or equivalent.
- Computer Literacy required (Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and basic Excel).
- A valid driver’s licence would be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and isiZulu.
- Must be able to organise work and work under pressure.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
How to apply
A letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and ID document must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, IXOPO 3276. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Mrs LH Khumalo at 039 834 7700. Council reserves the right not to make any appointment/appointments into the abovementioned positions.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.