Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Cape Town (UCT) is in the process of offering a Learnership in the Mechanical Engineering workshop to two candidates entering their second year of training.
The successful learners will enter into a three-year Learnership agreement to enable them an opportunity to complete NQF level 2-4 in Mechanical Engineering (Tooling Manufacture). After the completion of the Learnership programme, UCT will not be obliged to offer permanent employment to the candidates.
Learnership Application deadline is 30 November 2017
Learnership Provider: University of Cape Town
Learnership Location: Cape Town
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- Completion of (or be in the process of completing) the first year of a Mechanical Engineering Learnership at an approved merSETA training provider.
- Potential to develop/acquire the technical skills necessary to successfully complete the qualification.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact with university students, technicians and academic staff within the Department.
Other desirable attributes include: the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, problem solving skills, computer literacy, independent learning ability and initiative. Relevant work experience (such as employment in a workshop in either an industrial or academic environment) would be advantageous.
The annual remuneration package is aligned with the standard merSETA recommended payment levels.
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to [email protected] (Ensure the title and reference number: E61130, are indicated in the subject line)
- UCT Application Form (download here)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Hard copies of the application can also be dropped off with Ms Samantha Reizenburg at the Reception Desk in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Level 2, Elec-Mech Building, 14 Library Road, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700)
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.