The University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications to apply for x3 Counseling Psychologist Internship Programme for 2019 in Pretoria. The duration of this Internship Preogramme is 12 months. Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R 96 000 per annum as determined by UP policy guidelines .The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
Internship Application Closing Date: 02 November 2018
Internship Provider: University of Pretoria
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Proven registration as a MA or MSc Counselling Psychology Intern at an accredited university;
- Registration as an Intern Psychologist with HPCSA.
- The incumbents will be responsible for rendering counseling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness.
- This will include the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults.
Competencies & Skills
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Efficient planning, organising and prioritising skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail;
- Ethical insight and reliability;
- To be available on call for the 24-hour Crisis line on a rotating basis;
- Ability to manage crisis interventions.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic / counselling services to students / young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness;
- Group work sessions as part of the co-curricular programme for students / young adults;
- Career assessment, report writing and counselling;
- Development of training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students / young adults;
- Providing therapeutic services to children at other off-campus institutions as part of training;
- Mandatory supervision as part of training;
- Render a 24 hour crisis line service on rotation;
- Data analysing as part of research process.
How to Apply
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of registration as a current MA or MSc Counselling Psychology student;
- Certified copy of registration as a current Student Psychologist with the HPCSA;
- Certified copies of undergraduate qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic results;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
Enquiries: Dr L Blokland, Tel: (012) 420 2333
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za