West Coast Municipality: Finance Internships in Western Cape
West Coast District Municipality is offering finance Internships at Moorreesburg to appropriately qualified and experienced individuals. This programme will run for a period of 12 months internship contract with the option of renewal for a further year. Successful candidates will receive a stipends ranging from R96 000 – R144 000 per annum (all-inclusive) during their placement.
Internship Application deadline is 18 November 2016
Internship Provider: West Coast Local Municipality
Internship Location: Moorreesburg, Western Cape
- At least a three-year Bachelor’s degree or National diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics or Finance, including either Risk Management and/or Auditing
- Willingness to sign an internship agreement in addition to the employment contract (in order to ensure commitment to the programme which requires, amongst other things, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures)
- 21 – 35 years of age.
Internship Overview (Ref: FS 3)
● The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high-quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office, which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 (Act 56 of 2003) and the underlying reforms
● The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university and technicon training
● It ends where appropriate, with the credits for or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007. Focus Area: Internal Auditing
In addition to the salary mentioned for the permanent position and subject to certain conditions, the District Municipality offers competitive fringe benefits, such as housing subsidy, a 13th cheque, membership of pension/retirement and medical aid funds, as well as conditional coverage of furniture removal costs.
How to apply
Click here to download application form. The application form is also available during office hours from Ms P.S. Boer, tel. 022 433 8400.
Completed application forms, accompanied by comprehensive CVs and certified copies of diplomas/certificates/registrations and driver’s licence, can be forwarded to West Coast District Municipality, Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection, P.O. Box 242, Moorreesburg, 7310.
Please Note: Council reserves the right not to make an appointment.No late applications or applications via fax or email will be accepted. CVs will not be returned to candidates. Canvassing will disqualify a candidate.
Should no feedback from this office be received within 60 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.