Zurich: Learnerships Programme 2017 / 2018 in Johannesburg and Durban
The Zurich is offering Learnership Programme in partnership with INSETA (Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority) and focuses on assisting previously disadvantaged young South Africans by creating the opportunity to gain work-related experience in the short-term insurance industry. During the 12-month programme, the learners are placed in the core operations of the business (Sales, Underwriting and Claims) and simultaneously work towards obtaining a FETC Short Term Insurance Qualification.
The Zurich Learnership is offered at our Head Office (15 Marshall Street, Ferreirasdorp, Johannesburg) and at our Durban Office (309 Umhlanga Rocks Drive, La Lucia Ridge). Successful candidates will be offered a 12 month fixed contract for the duration of the Learnership. Therefore the learnership wilk commence from 1 February 2017 to 31 January 2018.
Learnership Application deadline is 29 September 2016
Learnership Provider : Zurich Group
Learnership Locatio: Johannesburg and Durban
- Under the age of 24 (i.e. turning 24 in 2015)
- Previously disadvantaged
- South African citizen
- Has a Grade 12 qualification or equivalent
- Is able to communicate (speak, read, write) in English, and being able to communicate in any of the other official languages will be regarded as an added advantage.
- Has passed English and Mathematics in Grade 12 (Achieved 50% and above)
- Has not obtained any further qualifications since Grade 12 and is not presently studying towards a qualification
- Does not have the financial means to obtain a qualification
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Successfully completing the various learning modules which make up the Short Term Insurance Qualification as well as other learning programmes that you will complete as part of the Learnership
- Deliver against the various objectives as agreed to in your performance contract.
- You will be assigned a mentor within the business who will identify activities to be completed along with specific performance criteria.
- Actively engage with your assigned Mentor with a view to comprehensively understanding the various structures within Zurich Insurance and the Short Term Insurance Industry
- Succesfully complete all INSETA stipulated requirements (such as the Learner log-book) in order to attain the Learnership Certification.
Successful candidates receive full accreditation of the FETC Short Term Insurance Qualification at level 4 and are FAIS compliant.
How to apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za