Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) invites eligible South African students to submit applications for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
Bursary application closing date is 30 November 2023.
The DMRE (Department of Mineral Resources & Energy) Bursary Programme aims to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds pursuing undergraduate studies in mining and energy-related fields. Here are the key details and steps for applying for this bursary:
Before applying, ensure that you meet all the criteria mentioned below:
- South African Citizen: You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Educational Background: Currently in Matric or have completed Matric with a minimum of level 6 in pure Mathematics and Science.
- Field of Study: Intending to study or currently studying full-time in one of the listed fields at a University or University of Technology in South Africa.
- Financial Need: Must demonstrate financial need.
- Social Background: From a disadvantaged social background, preferably from a rural area.
- Employment Status: Currently unemployed.
- Preference: Preference will be given to first-year students, female students, and students with disabilities.
How to Apply:
- Download Application Form: Obtain the DMRE Bursary Application Form 2024 in PDF format.
- Application Process: Complete the application form and include “www.zabursaries.co.za” as your referral source.
- Submit Documents: Prepare clear copies of all the required supporting documents listed. Ensure that you have all these documents before submission.
- Application Submission:
- Email: Send your completed application form and supporting documents to GirlLearnerBursary@dmre.gov.za.
- Delivery or Post: The Director: Ms. Nondumiso Zulu The Department of Mineral Resources & Energy Trevenna Campus 70 Meintjies Street Sunnyside
Private Bag X59 Arcadia 0007
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or Matric latest results
- Certified copy of the latest academic transcript/record (if currently studying)
- Proof of tertiary registration or acceptance
- Certified copies of parents’ or guardians’ ID documents
- Certified copy of parents’ death certificate if deceased
- Affidavit if parents’ whereabouts are unknown
- Parents’ or guardians’ proof of income (payslips not older than 3 months if employed/affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (municipal utility bill not older than 3 months/stamped letter from tribal authority/sworn affidavit)
- Motivational letter supporting your application
Ensure that all documents are certified copies and are submitted as required. For Matric students, the final matric results and final acceptance letters must be sent within the first week of their release.
Adhere to the submission guidelines and provide all requested information to increase your chances of a successful application. Good luck with your bursary application!