Fine Music Radio (FMR) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 / 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 22 July 2022
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards a Performance (Diploma) or Music (Degree) qualification, in the Jazz and Classical (instrumental and vocal) categories.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R60 000.
The panel of judges will choose 3 finalists per category, who will then perform at the Baxter Concert Hall for the final round. The Classical concert will take place on 17 August 2022 and the Jazz concert will take place on 19 August 2022. This concert will be recorded and broadcast later on Fine Music Radio.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be studying or enrolled to study towards a Performance (Diploma) or Music (Degree), in the Jazz or Classical (instrumental and vocal) categories
- You must have a strong academic record
How to apply
Download and complete the FMR Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Proof of enrolment/ registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- References from your practical lecturer/ teacher (name, contact number and signature)
- Curriculum Vitae or Biography stating your career goals and how you intend on using the bursary award funds
- Audition (to be submitted electronically):
- Provide full details of the tracks submitted in your email body (Title, Composer and Duration)
- Link of audio recordings uploaded to YouTube (minimum 2 contrasting works)
- Audio recordings must be between 10 and 15 minutes in length
- Audio recordings must be clear, with the your instrument or voice to the fore, no editing allowed (does NOT have to be studio quality)
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom