Limpopo SAPS: Basic Police Development Learning Programme for 2016
Closing Date: 31 August 2015
The South African Police Service invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
Basic enlistment requirements: Young South African men and women who apply to be appointed as a member in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) must:
- Apply on the form determined by the National Commissioner and affirm under oath or by way of a solemn declaration that the particulars furnished in the application, are the truth and correct; $ Be a South African citizen of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 school certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Safety in Society of which documentary proof must be furnished (2015 matriculates are welcome to apply and before enlistment proof of successful completion of Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) must be submitted. As an interim arrangement kindly submit proof of last school report); Preference will be given to applicants who are in possession of at least a light vehicle driver’s licence;
- Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National
- Commissioner and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Proficient in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office;
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing the SAPS summer uniform;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and / or pending criminal, civil, disciplinary cases
- and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made; Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm and
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic.
Body Mass Index of less than 30 / Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females)
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant.
Applicants in possession of valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will have an added advantage.
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification. Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded. The SAPS will also publish the names of applicants on the SAPS Website and in the newspapers for public comments.
Applicants will undergo a Final Selection Phase (“Grooming Phase”) at a venue and period as determined by the National Commissioner, to select the successful applicants.
In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 24 (twenty four) months.
The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- Academy Phase: Ten months training at a designated SAPS Academy;
- Field Police Development Phase: Twelve months training at a designated Field Police Development police station;
- Integrated Assessment Phase: Two months assessment at a designated SAPS Academy.
During the Academy Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. During the Field Police Development Phase of the PROGRAMME the police trainee shall be responsible for his / her own meals and accommodation;
Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 24-month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS. Remuneration (on completion of the training period) will be on the first notch of Band A (currently R142 140 per annum). In addition to this, appointees will receive the applicable service benefits.
Core Functions: Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- * Prevent, combat and investigate crime,
- * Maintain public order,
- * Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property,
- * Uphold and enforce the law
The posts available in the Limpopo Province are as follows:-
|Mopani DistrictGRAVELOTTE [x01] LIM01 / 07 / 2015|
PHALABORWA [x02] LIM02 / 07 / 2015
MOKWAKWAILA [x02] LIM03 / 07 / 2015
BOLOBEDU [x03] LIM04 / 07 / 2015
GIYANI [x04] LIM05 / 07 / 2015
MODIMOLLE DISTRICT ROEDTAN [x02] LIM06 / 07 / 2015
ROOIBERG [x01] LIM07 / 07 / 2015
TUINPLAAS [x01] LIM08 / 07 / 2015
LEPHALALE [x03] LIM09 / 07 / 2015
TOLWE [x01] LIM10 / 07 / 2015
RUST DE WINTER [x01] LIM11 / 07 / 2015
MAHWELERENG [x03] LIM12 / 07 / 2015
MALIPSDRIFT [x01] LIM13 / 07 / 2015MOTETEMA [x02] LIM14 / 07 / 2015
RAKGOADI [x02] LIM15 / 07 / 2015
LEBOENG [x01] LIM16 / 07 / 2015
DENNILTON [x02] LIM17 / 07 / 2015
VHEMBE DISTRICTTHOHOYANDOU [x04] LIM18 / 07 / 2015LIMPOPO PROTECTION AND SECURITY SERVICES POLOKWANE PSS 20 LIM.PSS:19 / 07 / 2015
How to Apply
Complete an application form in your own handwriting. These application forms can be obtained from your nearest SAPS Recruitment office or the Human Resource Official at local Police Stations as well as the SAPS Website.
Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti-corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701; Specify the post you are applying for Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath. *Attach certified copies of: ID Document; *Driver’s licence; *Matric / Senior Certificate (Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification); *Additional qualifications and academic records; and *Proof of residence. *Applicants who were subjected to the psychometric assessment and fit the profile will be requested, when undergoing the fitness assessment, to submit four (4) colour ID photographs, of which one will be utilised for the application form, one for the fitness assessment form, one for the interview form and one for the medical assessment form. You are advised to apply for posts within your province, close to your place of residence You are only allowed to apply for a maximum of three (3) posts. Additional applications will be rejected.
Applications must be submitted to:
|GIYANI OLD PARLIAMENT BUILDING GIYANI 0826PRIVATE BAG X 9630 GIYANI 0826COL MALULEKE
015 811 5002
015 811 5172
|MODIMOLLE 84 LIMPOPO STREETNTK BUILDING MODIMOLLE 0510 PRIVATE BAG X 1022 MODIMOLLE 0510LT COL VOSTER
014 718 7560
014 718 7554
|CAPRICORN OLD PARLIAMENT BUILDING LEBOWAKGOMO 0737 PRIVATE BAG X17 LEBOWAKGOMO 0737LT COL MATLADI015 633 1005
015 633 1024
|VHEMBE MBILWI STREET SIBABSA 0950 PRIVATE BAG X 5017 THOHOYANDOU 0950COL. LUKOTO015 963 8042
015 963 8107
Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity through the filling of these posts. The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill the advertised posts.
If you have not received feedback from the South African Police Service within 3 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Applicants are requested to initial each and every page of the application form, CV and annexures.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom