Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme 2016 – The name Masakh’iSizwe comes from the Nguni tribe meaning “Let’s Build the Nation” and aims to develop the nation through education and training.
The Department of Transport and Public Works’ established the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme in 2006.
It partnered with Higher Education Institutions (HEI), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and the relevant professional bodies to develop professionals in engineering and the built environment fields by offering bursaries to study towards a degree or higher diploma in the following disciplines:
- Construction Management.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Quantity Surveying.
- Town and Regional Planning.
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Prioritises financially disadvantaged learners when awarding bursaries, especially women and learners from rural communities .
- Provides support services programmes.
- Secures learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Secures employment opportunities for graduates.
Address for the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Physical: Room 5-18, Fifth Floor, 9 Dorp Street, Cape Town, 8001
- Postal: Private Bag X9185, Cape Town, 8000
You can contact a co-ordinator for information on courses available at these Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
University of Cape Town
Tel: 021 483 9795
University of Stellenbosch
Tel: 021 483 5254
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Tel: 021 483 2369
|Bursary Awards Ceremony 2015|
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom