Reckitt Benckiser (RB) invites applicants for Procurement Internship Programme for 2020 / 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: Unspecified
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Procurement Graduate to join RB’s Procurement Team.
This is a graduate position for a candidate who is passionate about Procurement and Supply Chain and is looking to grow their career in a leading global FMCG company.
The role will be responsible for:
Partner and Support: Provide support to the raw/packaging material and co-packer sourcing team. In partnership with the buyers, contact vendors, request sample and documents, process samples and follow up as needed. Register samples for alternate vendor approval or market intelligence. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues. Lead and/or support continuous improvement projects.
Analyze and Interpret: Perform analysis on purchasing activity, identify improvement opportunities; develop action plans. Assist in the collection and analysis of data in preparation of vendor specific reports or presentations. Produce reports related to suppliers (scorecards, quality performance of raw materials (NCRs), supply chain failures, etc.)
Operational Administration: Participate in supplier business reviews evaluating supplier performance and compliance. Ensure correct procurement parameters are followed and documented. Support management of purchasing transactions, including purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Maintain vendor data and support new vendor set up.
Is this you?
- Independent, motivated self- starter and goal orientated.
- Strong sense of urgency and dynamic problem solver.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and negotiate with very strong entrepreneurial thinking.
- Strong learning, change and mental agility as well as leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical thinking as well as problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and work independently as well as working in teams.
- Computer literate including MSOffice.
- Matric qualification as well as BSc/BCom degree from accredited university with minimum academic pass rate of 65%.
- Previous work- or internship experience including graduate work is beneficial.
- We will consider university life and extra-curricular activities that develop general skills as well as involvement with leadership activities on campus.
- Must be a RSA citizen with a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za