South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) invites students to apply for Scholarship Programme 2024 academic year.
Scholarship Application Closing Date: 30 November 2023
- Targeted at five female students for Masters (MSc) studies in Biostatistics/Statistics.
- Funding provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Aims to increase statistical capacity among females in the country and research projects aligned with women’s health data.
- Scholarship valued at R401,000 for 2 years covering tuition, a laptop, monthly stipend, and support for relevant conferences.
- South African citizenship or permanent residency.
- Female candidates who completed an Honours degree.
- Intent to study full-time for an MSc in Biostatistics/Statistics at a recognized South African University.
- Meeting admission requirements or receiving an offer from a South African University.
- Strong background in Mathematics, Statistics, Demography, or quantitative fields.
- Agreement to SAMRC’s scholarship terms and conditions.
- Not engaged in any other financial support that binds service elsewhere without prior consent from SAMRC.
How to apply
- Complete the MSc Online Application Form.
- Download and complete the SAMRC Scholarship Application Form (.docx) and specify “StudentRoom” as your referral source.
- Compile required documents (ID, degree certificate, academic record, qualifications, acceptance proof, support letter, CV, motivational letter).
- Email completed application and documents in a single PDF file to RCDscholarships@mrc.ac.za. Use “SAMRC Scholarship 2024” in the email subject line.
- Ensure all necessary documents are included in the application to avoid disqualification.
- The deadline for applications and any additional requirements not mentioned should be verified on the official website before applying.
- It’s crucial to follow the application instructions meticulously to enhance the chance of being considered for the scholarship.