South African National Seed Organization (SANSOR) invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
SANSOR are inviting students to apply for Postgraduate bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. The bursary aims to financially assist deserving postgraduate students, who wish to pursue their studies towards a Postgraduate degree (Honours/ Masters/ Doctorate) within the seed industry.
Bursary recipients must conduct high quality scientific research in these areas: Agronomy, Biotechnology, Entomology, Genetics, Horticulture, Molecular Plant Biology, Pasture Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology and Plant Physiology.
Bursaries are awarded based on academic merit, and bursaries are only awarded for a period of 1 year at a time. Bursary recipients may receive funding for further years of study based on satisfactory academic performance.
Apart from financial support, bursary recipients will also be able to attend workshops to gain employment skills, field trips to seed companies to learn more about the seed industry, and networking opportunities with seed industry professionals.
Successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth)
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree
- You must be registered to study towards a Postgraduate degree (Honours, Masters or Doctorate) within the seed industry, in 2022
- You must be registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- You must have a study subject that support SANSOR’s vision and mission, as well as be advantageous to the seed industry
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other government funding (candidates must inform SANSOR of all other government funding received)
How to apply
Download and complete the SANSOR Bursary Application Form
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Degree certificate (certified copy)
- Gantt Chart – Timeline
- Academic transcripts (on institutes letterhead)
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SANSOR Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom