Transnet invites applicants to South African unemployed youth to apply for Train Assistant Traineeship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Internship Location: Saldanha, Western Cape and Halfweg, Northern Cape
Internship Closing Date: 20 June 2022
The purpose of the Trainee Train Assistant is to be prepared to successfully undergo Train Assistant duties (theoretical and practical) so as to be certified to work independently as a Train Assistant.
Assist the Train Driver in the safe and efficient driving/handling of all different types of trains/locomotive consists (airbrake, vacuum, high speed, heavy haul and passengers) to ensure that the customers freight/cargo reaches its destination in good condition, on time, in order to enable the organisation to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Grade 12 with pure Mathematics and/or Physical Science Functional Training • Be prepared to successfully undergo Train Assistant duties (theoretical and practical) so as to be certified to work independently as a Train Assistant.
- Be prepared to undergo periodic medical surveillance and safety behavioral risk assessments during the selection process and every 12 months
- Physical hearing, vision, mental, fitness (to be verified through medical tests and related safety behavioural risk assessments)
- The operator shall not allow employees younger than 21 years of age to undertake train driver or train control duties. (SANS 3000, par 22.214.171.124)
The following minimum Trainee pre-requisite:
- The candidate should be a minimum of 1.6 meters tall
- Psychomotor ability (to be assessed through Vienna Testing System (VTS) standard)
- Ability to carry heavy objects
How to apply
The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom