Vodacom invites South African student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate studies within STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). (Postgraduate students may also be funded at Vodacom’s discretion.)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbook allowance, meal allowance and accommodation in university residence or capped allowance for private accommodation.
Bursary recipients will also receive a laptop and cellphone, as well as the following benefits: orientation workshop for all new bursary students, workplace exposure via the structured Vacation Work programme, work readiness skill training for final year students to gain skills to enter the working world and full access to Wellness Programme (ICAS) services.
Bursaries will be awarded for the entire duration of the degree qualification – subject to recipients maintaining satisfactory academic results, and submitting proof of academic results each year.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by no later than 15 December 2022.
After the final selection is made, recipients will need to enter into a contractual agreement with Vodacom. Should selected students may not to accept the bursary offer, they must notify Vodacom within 48 hours.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen by birth
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of full-time study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must achieve a minimum overall average of 70% and exemption in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum overall average of 65% at tertiary level
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have a criminal record
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Vodacom Bursary Application 2022
Note: applicants can view the status of their application via the bursary application website.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on official letterhead)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Proof of any other bursary awards currently held
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom