ArcelorMittal: Artisan Traineeship Programme for 2016 / 2017 at Vanderbijlpark
ArcelorMittal South Africa, Vanderbijlpark Works would like to announce the following bursary opportunities:
Training as artisans is provided in the following fields: Welder, Boilermaker, Fitter, Millwright,Electrician, Instrumentation, Refractory Mason.
Applicants need to be in possession of the following qualifications:
- A complete Grade 12 qualification with English, Physical Science, applicable trade theory subject and an additional trade related technical subject-all passed with a minimum of 50%, and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
- A complete technical Grade 12 qualification with English, Physical Science and an applicable N3-N6 trade theory subject and an additional N3-N6 trade related technical subject-all passed with minimum of 50% and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
- A complete NCV Level 4 with related technical subjects. All passed with minimum of 50% and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
Previous recognised formal trade related institutional training will be an advantage. A contractual training agreement will apply. The bursary includes specified training cost, PPE, payment of institutional training, personal insurance as well as bursary allowance . Permanent employment on completion of trade test is not guaranteed.
How to Apply
Applicants must forward a complete CV, copy of ID, qualifications certificates and statements of results to Email: [email protected]
Please quote reference VDB-APPR-01 and indicate the trade you are applying for.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups
- The successful candidates will be subject to a medical examination
- By submitting your application, you give consent for us to use your personal information for recruitment
Closing date: 30 August 2016
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.