Joburg City Theatres Internship Programmes for 2017
Joburg City Theatres is contributing towards skills development by providing recent graduates an opportunity to intern at Joburg City Theatres. The Company is providing opportunities to gain work experience in the theatre environment. Joburg City Theatres is therefore inviting unemployed graduates, throughout South Africa, to apply for our internship programme.
The following positions are available:
Area of Exposure
Qualifications and Requirements
Reference No. Number of posts Location
Human Capital Management
National Diploma / B-Tech /Degree: Human Resource Management
HCM/01 1 Joburg Theatre
National Diploma/ B-Tech/ Degree: Financial Accounting / Purchasing/ Supply Chain Management FIN/02 2 Joburg Theatre
Marketing and Communication
National Diploma/ B-Tech/ Degree: Public Relations/Communications/ Business Communication/ Marketing /Dramatic Arts/Journalism
MARC/03 3 Joburg Theatre, Roodepoort Theatre
Information Technology (ICT)
National Diploma/ B-Tech/ Degree: IT
ICT/04 2 Joburg Theatre
Customer Services Grade 12 certificate and Computer literacy.
Experience working on ticketing system will be an advantage; have patience dealing with customer; have good telephone manner
CS/5 1 Joburg Theatre
Grade 12 certificate and Computer literacy; have good telephone manner
CS/6 2 Soweto Theatre
Not full -time students; Be willing to work on heights; to work long strenuous hours and under-pressure; to carry heavy equipment; to work with electricity; and to be dirty (cleaning, painting).
TEC/7 2 Soweto Theatre
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
All applicants must be: between the ages of 18 -35 years and be a South Africa citizen. Students who need Experiential Training. Studied at the recognized institution or higher learning in the Republic of South Africa.
Successful candidates will be appointed on a 12-month internship contract. An all-inclusive monthly stipend will be paid.
- – Successful applicants will be required to transport themselves.
- – Applicants must have good written and spoken English
- – JCT is an equal opportunity employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- – Applicants must have NO criminal record.
- – Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- – JCT is under no obligation to employ the intern on completion of the programmes.
- – JCT reserves the right to place or not place applicants based on its needs and requirements.
Closing date: 23 May 2016
Interested persons are requested to send a short covering letter and brief CV, recently certified copies of qualifications and/or academic record and ID quoting the relevant reference number to:
Mr. Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres,
Enquiries: 011 877 6821/6859
Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)