Mossel Bay Municipality: Finance Internship Programme for 2016 / 2017.
Closing Date: 27 May 2016
SALARY SCALE: R100 000.00 (inclusive package per annum)
(CONTRACTUAL APPOINTMENTS: 12 MONTHS WITH AN OPTION TO EXTEND THE PERIOD FOR A FURTHER 12 MONTHS)
The Municipality is participating in the internship Programme which National Government has embarked upon to address the financial skills shortage in Local Government by providing recently qualified Economic, Public Finance and Accounting graduates with the opportunity to acquire skills.
The interns will sign an Internship Agreement in addition to the employment contract. The agreement is to ensure commitment to the Programme, which requires, amongst others, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures. Reasonable written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy are further requirements. Interns will be subjected to the Municipal Disciplinary Code.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Meet specific learning outcomes as set out in the National Treasury`s Finance Intern Skills Development Programme
- Gain an understanding of the relevant legislation applicable to a municipality
- Gain and implementing an understanding of financial regulations emanating from the National Treasury
- Perform duties, prepare and implement uniform norms and standards in the following sections: Income, Expenditure, Budget Office, Supply Chain Management
- Perform other general office duties as fairly requested from time to time.
- Short listed and invited candidates will be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and practical test.
- Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant
How To Apply
- Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager (Human Resources), P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500.
- These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant. Click to download[PDF] or Click to download[WORD] or available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder.
- Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV.
- Electronic applications will be accepted.
- For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
- Further details are obtainable from Ms C Wagenaar and Ms L de Vos at telephone number (044) 606-5000.
- If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
- The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za