Chevron: Graduate Internship 2016
Location: Milnerton, Western Cape, South Africa
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Graduate Intern – TSD located in Milnerton, South Africa through January 5, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop knowledge of the business aspects of the process. (Importance of the process unit, impacts of a shutdown and process flexibility and limitations)
- Verify and refine plant mass/energy balances.
- Provide process engineering support during the Catalyst Regen and plant turnarounds
- Provide technical support to operations and perform equipment surveys to evaluate equipment performance
- Participates in Management of Change, Process Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Reviews and Pre-Startup Safety reviews
- Minimum BSC Chemical Engineering or B Eng (Chemical)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to learn from Training and on-the-job coaching
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Demonstrates accountability
- Willing to accept 12 months contract
How to Apply
Closing Date: 05 January 2015
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.